Some of the services EMPAC provides to its companies include:
- Professional assessment of client needs
- Referral to appropriate care provides for a vast array of client issues
- Follow-up services with client and care provider
- Short Term Counseling (STC)
- Consultation with supervisors and managers
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) sessions when traumatic events impact the workplace
- Specialized training on a wide variety of subjects
- “Frontline Supervisor” Newsletter
- “Frontline Employee” Newsletter
- “EMPAC Update” Newsletter
- Free seminars on “work-life issues”
- Drug-free workplace consultation and services
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Services
- Participation in benefit and health fairs
- 24-hour line for crisis needs
- Resource room with over 100 videos for your use
- Spanish-speaking counselor
- Counselor for the hearing impaired
If the employer has contracted with EMPAC the service of Short Term Counseling (STC) then there is no charge to the employee. STC covers the employee and family members. The client can come to EMPAC for a maximum of six sessions. Not all companies may provide this benefit; check with your human resources department or call EMPAC for further information.
Some of the more common issues explored in Short Term Counseling are:
- Marriage Counseling
- Parenting Concerns
- Grief and Loss
- Family Counseling
- Workplace Concerns
- Separation and Divorce
- Communication Skills
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
A crisis in the workplace, assault, bank robbery, death of a coworker, is not only terrifying, it is also incredibly stressful for all involved. EMPAC can assist you and your employees in dealing with the crisis.
A CISD session is rather informal and can last anywhere from thirty minutes to over an hour. No one should be forced to participate, but you should encourage employees to at least attend the session. Smaller groups of around ten are best; however, some employees may prefer to meet with a counselor for a private session. In either case, you should assure your employees that the EAP is always available to them for assistance.
If you have had an incident in your workplace that you feel would benefit from a CISD, contact EMPAC at 316-265-9922 or 800-234-0630 (outside Wichita) for information.